As Christmas is only a week away, I got to thinking about Christmasses of the past, and found I had lots of fun memories. Here are some of them:
- All my grandparents and aunts arriving Christmas morning, ready to stay with us until the day after Boxing Day. I loved having my family around.
- Going to bed at night to a plain house, and coming down the following morning to decorations and a tree in the living room. It was a present all in itself :).
- Playing cards with my family in the evening, and my sister (somehow in charge of my Nan’s cards) speaking for Nan: “She’s sticking.”
- Watching my grandparents fall asleep, one by one, in the lounge after a very filling dinner.
- My nephew telling me quite early last year’s Christmas morning that: “Father Christmas has come.”
What about you? Do you have any favourite memories? Things that make you laugh, or feel warm and fuzzy inside?
Image courtesy of jannoon028 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net